Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

March 27, 2011

Wine tasting and lunch!

     Aaron and I went for a very fun ride yesterday!  Our original plan was to ride down to Enci but we saw a cute little winery in Carlsbad and decided to do some tasting!  They had a LOT of wines that I've never even heard of.  For $5.00 you get to sample a white, four reds, and one dessert wine.  It's a pretty sweet deal!  I suggest the viognier, aglianico, and the muscat love.  All very tasty!  And we supported a local business! 

     After our tasting we headed to a yummy taco shop.  It's a little on the pricey side, but still good.  I recommend the veggie burrito with a lil' guac on it!  The best part about the restaurant isn't the food, but the art work on the outside.  That graffiti has been on there for some time now and they haven't painted over it! 

     Before heading home we did a little thrift store shopping.  We found a couple cycling jerseys and some shorts for me so I don't have to ride in denim all the time!  We got some good deals!  We got "lost" on the way home, although we were far from actually being lost.  Aaron got his first flat, thanks to a staple.  Luckily it wasn't the super bad kind that can't hold any air. 

     We've got to head out now, but I'll post some pictures when we get home!  Hope you're all having a great weekend and thinking hard about becoming a cycle commuter!

Happy Cycling!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Well, I know you we can't "drink and drive", but I wonder about laws against "drinking and riding"!Now that's a realy danger to society! ;-)

cbsavestheworld said...

You can actually get a DUI from biking drunk. Luckily, the amount they give you for wine tasting couldn't even get my cats drunk!

Driving while drunk is still a larger danger to society! Would you rather get crushed by a two thousand pound car at 35 mph or a dinky bicycle at maybe 10 mph? Hmmm????? ( ;

Don't drink and drive/ride!