Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

March 15, 2011

First night ride!

     Today I rode for 13.8 miles and prevented over 14 pounds of CO2 from being added to the atmosphere!  I also saved $2.90.  I rode to a meeting with my high school band director, and had to get off and walk twice.  I'm not super thrilled about that, but if you saw these hills, and know my bike, it's not that bad.  I will be better able to handle hills once I upgrade to a lighter, newer bike!  No offense to Ruby-Lou!  I'll still use her for short trips and cruising.  My second trip of the day was a lot more flat, though still challenging!  I went to a park for one of my friend Erin's softball games, and the other team no-showed!  Pretty messed up.  So we met up with Aaron at Hennessey's for dinner and then Aaron and I rode home.  It was fun!!!  I love night riding!  The only part that I don't like are stretches of no street lamps.  I really have to rely on my tiny, underpowered headlight. 

     Aaron fixed some parts of my bike that needed some attention, like my SQUEAKY brakes, my squeaky pedals, and my gross chain.  He also raised my seat a little so I can get a little more bang for my buck when I pedal.  Hopefully I will have an easier time getting up hills now!  Thank you, Babe! 

     Well, sorry folks!  No pictures or anything super exciting today.  I will try and take some fun pictures tomorrow.  Until then...


Happy Cycling!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No skweaky for the CB!

Kathy said...

Wow. Maybe you should return that old broad for a refund. Then you could afford a bigger/better headlight for a better bike! Got to be safe riding at night!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I was bummed we didn't get to play but it was nice to get a beer with you two. Next time we will get dinner too and hang out longer. Happy to hear your bike got some improvements!

cbsavestheworld said...

@anon: NO SKWEAKY!!!!
@Ma: I think Sears has a 90 day return policy, not 30 years ( ; Plus, I won't return it! EVER!
@Erin: Dinner sounds fabulous! When's the next game?