Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

March 15, 2011

Fun ride yesterday!

     Aaron and I went for a fun little ride downtown yesterday evening.  We stopped by and visited my friend Angela at her work!  Got a little "fuel" for the rest of our trip, in the form of Chai Tea!  Then we cruised around and looked at some fun artwork all over the place!  Vista has some nice murals and sculptures, you should go take a look.  We also bumped into the sales rep from Trek who fitted Aaron's bike!  (He also greased my kickstand for FREE! Great customer service I tell ya!)  He of course had his bike with him.  It was a great little trip!

Here are some pictures...

Old time mural, with a BIKE!
Checking out some birds
Riding off into the sunset...

   
     Before that evening ride I'd done a little solo riding around town.  My main purpose was to hand out some resumes, but I also snuck in a quick thrift shop stop, and bought groceries!  Very productive ride if I do say so myself ( : 


     It has been brought to my attention that my blog is somewhat contradictory.  My blog title is to "Save the world", then on the side I show a picture of gas prices with "This is why".  I should clarify.  I initially gave up on the car driving thing because of gas prices, yes, but once I thought about and researched carless living and how detrimental our car dependency is on the environment and our health, as well as how us continually feeding greedy gas people our money is depleting bank accounts, I realized that yes, while I will be saving money, I will also (try to) be saving the world.  Holy run-on sentence!  Any English majors dare to attempt re-writing that?  Anyway.  That's my story, those are my reasons, and yesterday I prevented 8.34 pounds of CO2 from being added to the atmosphere.  How much did you add?  Check out the Gas & CO2 savings calculator.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

It doesn't really matter regarding the semantics of who or what you are trying to save. The fact is you are trying to make a difference in your life and hopefully the lives of others one pedal at a time. I love the riding off into the sunset picture. How nice that you have such a great partner on this journey.

asiff206 said...

Couldnt have said it better myself Kathy. (about the great partner thing.) 8.34 lbs is alot of CO2! You are doing great stuff CB Keep it up!

cbsavestheworld said...

He's all right, I suppose ( ; I kiddin', he's awesome and I think I'll keep him around for a little bit! Thanks you two!