Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

March 14, 2011

Not so defeated after all!

     Yesterday turned out to be good for my cause!  Aaron and I ended up riding around, getting lunch, grocery shopping.  It was great! 

     I am still amazed at how unwilling people are to share the road, RESPECTFULLY, with bicycle riders.  Aaron got cut off by a car who made a right hand turn in front of him, without using a blinker!  And the driver hadn't started merging to the side of the road, they just kinda last minute decided to turn in front of this bicyclist.  I know the reason why California drivers don't typically use their signals.  If you signal that you want to change lanes, the other Cali driver that's in the lane next to and behind you will fight to the death to keep you from being in front of them, so they speed up.  And so was born, the signal-less Cali driver.  Well, I challenge you California (and anywhere else, I just live here and see this on a daily basis) drivers, use your turn signals.  Ok, enough about that. 

     We had a friendly encounter with a driver yesterday!  This is an example of good communication between drivers/riders.  Aaron and I pulled up next to a white pickup truck at a red light, and his window was down.  Aaron confirmed with the driver what his next move would be so we wouldn't get in the way, because we are considerably slower.  The driver was very friendly and even talked about wanting to ride his bike more!  Let's hope he follows through!

     Lunch was really yummy!  Not enough vegetarian options, but, that's okay.  It's my choice and I'm happy with it.  We tried to go to a thrift shop but they were closed!  Blasphemy!  So we went and checked out an international market.  Great selection and prices are good too, so I will probably be shopping there a lot more now!  I'll just put my loot in the awesome blue basket that's on my bike ( :  Ghetto, but it gets the job done.  So, for those of you who "can't" ride because you can't fit everything you need to carry... Get a commuter bike with a rear wheel rack, get a basket or crate, and hit the road! 

     I'm not sure where, or if I'll be riding today... So until next time...

Happy Cycling!


                                               His and her's helmets <3
    

4 comments:

asiff206 said...

Yes drivers are pretty crappy but we just have to do our best not to stoop to their level. Keep on keepin on. I like the dualing Giro's btw.

cbsavestheworld said...

There is no duel. Mine wins! ( :

Kathy said...

Your helmet is the cutest by far. Have you calculated how much you have saved in gas? I would love to know

cbsavestheworld said...

Let's see... I've rode about 56 miles and I get about 19 mpg, so approx 2.9 gallons, at $3.99/gal= $11.50. So, it doesn't look that special. But, who really only spends $11.50 a week at the gas station? Introduce me to them please! That's just an estimate too, I need to start logging my rides! Aside from the financial savings, there's pollution, traffic congestion, and health savings in there too. So the REAL savings are far more than eleven bucks! ( ;