Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

April 1, 2011

Holy crap

     So I thought it would be a fantastic idea to ride my bike to my new workplace (also where Aaron works) to get a feel for the ride.  Well, to keep it semi-PG, F that S.  It was the ultimate test of my strength to keep on riding my bike.  My rear end hurts, even in areas that I don't actually sit on, my index finger repeatedly went numb, I always hit red lights and lost a LOT of momentum to get me up a hill, I have red lobster legs, I have a cute little red stripe on my arm where my sleeve shifted... It was a GREAT TIME.  But, I do have good news.  On my final stretch, the last turn before my apartment complex, is a gas station.  It was up to $4.13, up four cents from yesterday.  So, although I looked gross, smelled like sunscreen and sweat, felt like I'd been hit by a semi, all the good stuff, I wasn't paying that much for gas!  I got a very awesome app for my phone that calculates my distance, speed, calorie burn, and it maps out my route.  It's very awesome.  I rode over 33 miles today, and burned over 1,000 calories.  I think the ride will be a LOT easier when I'm doing it earlier/later in the day, and I'll have 8 hours in between rides instead of an hour and a half.  I crashed when I got home. 

     Happy Cycling!

No comments: