Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

March 9, 2011

Nature 'n' Stuff

     Today I realized that a great benefit of riding a bike everywhere is that I enjoy nature more!  When you're driving you're worrying about your speed, changing the station on the radio, yelling at kids in the back seat, trying to figure out how to conceal the fact that you're talking on the phone, and a ton of other things!  When riding a bike there's only a few things to worry about, potholes, and bugs.  Generally speaking, you won't come close to breaking the speed limit, and there's no back seat or radio!  So simple.
  
     While cruising down Oceanside Blvd. today I came upon an area with little development, and I had THE best view of the gorgeous snowcapped mountains!  Chances are fairly high that I'd never have noticed that had I been driving.  I also saw a butterfly dancing by me, and I didn't flip out (if you know me, this is huge).  I just watched it do its thing, and enjoyed it!  Maybe it's all the vegetarian "hippie" stuff I've been into lately, but the more I'm outside, the more I enjoy nature!  Plus, ya can't beat the feeling of the wind in your face while you're coasting down a nice hill.  Nature's own built in AC. 

During my travels, I passed three gas stations.  For the regular stuff, they want $3.81 (sadly, the lowest one I saw), $3.95, and $3.99!  You know what that means for tomorrow.  Buy your bikes now!!  Check out my links below for some local ideas (Performance is nationwide for those who aren't socal!)

On a totally unrelated note, how on Earth does one burn soup?  I just cooked dinner and somehow managed to BURN the soup.  Very sad. 

Day two of making my full rides without the need to get off my bike and walk up hills.  Kudos to me.  Also, my quads and hamstrings don't hurt anymore!  I just gotta keep this up.  And I will.  And hopefully I'll get some others to join in the biking thing.

That is all for tonight, goodnight, and happy cycling! ( : 

No comments: