Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

March 17, 2011

Wasted trip!

     Yesterday's trip was so much fun!  Let me tell ya... I rode 8.3 miles to go fill out an application.  Not to interview, just to fill out a piece of paper.  So I get directions from Google, tape them to my handlebars, and hit the road.  I didn't have to get off and walk on the way there, which I'm super proud to say!  I get to the street where I'm supposed to be, and there's no building with their address number on it.  I'm supposed to be going to a 1064 and this street starts at 1400s and ends at 2200s.  I try to call them (and this is about 15 minutes prior to my scheduled time) and their automated phone message says "No one is available to take your call now" ::click::  Ever heard of an answering machine?  Voicemail?  I tried a few more times.  Same thing.  I bust out my trusty iPhone to see if they have a local number (not 1-800) and they have two!  Both busy.  I cruise up and down the street again, ask a couple people where this place is, nothing.  Tried all three numbers a couple more times.  Nothing.  So I say to myself "eff it" and I started heading home.  How rude is that to not at LEAST have a voicemail?  I didn't want to work there anyway. The whole ride home I'm thinking that this was a total waste of time and energy and bla bla bla.  But I did get some great exercise!  I had to walk up a couple hills, bummer.  But even that is good exercise!  My ride home was 6.3 miles, making my total 14.6!  I saved $3.07, and prevented 15.21 pounds of CO2 from being added to the atmosphere. 

     After my really short 4 mile ride today (84 cents, 4.17 pounds) I'm going to give my legs a rest.  If I need to go somewhere I'll walk... 

     I'd like to take a quick moment to thank my followers, as well as the bike enthusiasts from around the world who read my blog!  Without you guys I don't think I'd have hit 300+ views in a week!  I'm fairly new to this whole blogging thing, but that seems like a lot to me!  So, thank you very much! 

Happy Cycling ( : 

1 comment:

Kathy said...

So, did you ever get through to those people? You probably wouldn't want to work for people who don't answer their phones!