Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

March 8, 2011

Starting out!

Hello Everyone!

     I'm just starting out at this blogging thing.  I want to have a place where I can blab about my endeavors to save the world by riding my bicycle!

     I was cruising around in my car listening to the radio when I heard that by May, gas prices could be into the $5 range.  It was then that I decided that my early 1980s Free Spirit (Brittany model) would become my new "car", so I wouldn't fall victim to the gas companies' plot to rape us all.  I also wanted to perhaps inspire others out there who have toyed with the thought of getting around on two wheels but just never took that first step, er, um, pedal. 

     So far I've biked to: Walmart, my old house in Oceanside, Navy Fed and Souplantation in Carlsbad, Souplantation and Target in Vista, Subway, and of course, the bike shop.  It's been fun, painful, but fun!  Yesterday Aaron (my fiance) and I biked to Carlsbad and I got a flat.  A severe flat.  The kind where it deflates less than 30 seconds after filling it.  We ended up taking the city bus home.  That was fun! 

     I'm not feeling super creative at the moment so I will blog more after my next ride.  But, before I do, I'd like to thank the Sears Auto Center and Tri-City Transmission for giving me some air! 

That's all for now!  Happy Cycling ( :

No comments: