Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

Saving the World with My Free Spirit and my Diamondback!

June 21, 2011

I did it!

I rode my darn tootin' bike to work finally!  It's been well over two months since I last did it.  The ride is so nice.  It was mostly quiet because it's so early.  It was overcast which I really like.  The less sun there is, the less energy it can suck out of me!  Heat really drains me... Also, there was this little stretch, no more than a quarter mile, of jasmine flowers!  It smelled so yummy.  It was a great ride!  Some other perks: I saved $3.16 in gas, and I prevented 16.67 lbs. of CO2 from being added to the atmosphere.  And that's just the ride TO work!  Here and back is: $6.38/33.35lbs.  Pretty impressive. 

If everyone that works within ten miles of their job traded one car day with a bicycle day, you could save about $157/year and keep 823 lbs. of gunk from being released into the air for everyone to breathe.  Think about that! 

Happy Cycling ( : 

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Yippee!

Kathy said...

I have lost my identity as one of your followers! However, I am still here.

katieliz88 said...

I definitely live way too far away from my work. And I have no bike. =(